Sunday, December 16, 2007

Miracle of Christmas

So this is the busiest time of the year. As I continue to learn in this stage of life and motherhood (when everyday is busy), that life gets busy when we try to do too much. I am determined to have a relax holiday season with the Christ- focused heart.....my house is simply decorated!! We have a few engagements a week!

But the busy starts with all the small and fun extras. I LOVE sending out Christmas cards. It's the ONE time of the year when we get to share our lives with friends and family that we don't often see or hear from.....kind of a yearly update!! I love giving gifts to my family so running from store to store finding that gift at a good price. I'm thinking of doing a little baking for local friends! I love going to gatherings and seeing people and meeting people....and it gets me out of the house!!

But then it hits me where is the focused heart?......so let us remember the miracle of the season.... Mary being choosen to Birth the Son of God!!

There Mary is doing her MAry thing...and an angel comes in. And says to her,"Hail favored one the Lord is with you.....Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold you will conceived in your womb, and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give HIm the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jaocb forever; and His kingdom will have no end." Luke 1:28-33

In our Sunday School class we discussed why MAry was choosen. Why? Maybe her heritage; her and her soon-to-be husband were from the family of David. Maybe because she was faithful. Maybe because she was willing. Maybe because Joesph was willing.

Would we have been willing, faithful, joyful in the challenges?

Let us be faithful in these days before our Savior's birthday to be faithful and willing to be Christ- focused....much more challenging said than done.

No comments: