- Weight (at home) 2o lbs
- Height (at home) 28 inches
- Size 3 diapers
- 12 Months fit the best; 18 months when he's in a cloth (although it's long)
- Naps??? what are those??? Usually 2 naps quick as they might be
- Tooth Count: 2 bottom center
- graham crackers
- yes... chicken nuggets... I was desperate and he was hungry:)
- pureed peaches (made during peach season... so sad that we finished them off)
- Cream of Wheat
- Mashed potatoes
- Still loves feeding himself and so he doesn't really eat a whole lot:/ But he likes eating;)
- Gets on hands and feet on hard surfaces:)
- Pulls to standing everywhere
- Tries to climb on top of everything
- Climbs our indoor stairs
- Opening sliding drawers on his level
- More accuracy with the walker.... goes everywhere
- Babbling about everything.... lala, yaya ya, dada
- Wet raspberries... usually included in a conversation
- Take a bath
- Stand up in the crib and keep his sisters awake
- Go outside
- Shake his head back-and-forth to get laughs from siblings
- Play (aka chew) with Chris' NERF sword
- Rip up & Chew on paper:)
- Still loves his burpcloths;)
- Baby acne is almost gone;)
- Sensitive skin on face... from weather, dryness and all his slobber
- Food allergy clues
- 1st busted lip on Christmas Eve from slipping on the kitchen floor
- Watching the older kids' smaller toys... Nate tastes everything
- Gate at our stairs to keep him from climbing when we're not aware
- Still not sleeping through the night... although he has slept from 11-4/5 a few times;)
- Teaching him to fall asleep by himself for daytime naps... used to be really easy to lay down, but he's really starting to fight them... knows that he's missing something and/or teething
This was an amazing month.... it seemed like every few days Nate was doing something new;) And then experiencing Christmas with another stocking and Nate actually with us was so much fun... the girls loved helping him open his gifts:) And then we had the snow...
Nate's 1st hands-on snow experience!!
Right now, the most heard question at our house is, "Where's Nate?" He moves from room to room so quickly and he knows right where he wants to go;) The kids do a great job keeping an eye on him while I am in the kitchen or busy with another child. Often though they are carrying him back to me... he's facing out and they have their little arms wrapped around him... and Nate's either delighted they are carrying him around or mad that they took him from the toy/spot he worked soo hard to get to! LOL!
He is easily our LOUDEST baby:) He's constantly "calling" for attention from his siblings or parents.... especially if can hear or see the kids but they aren't interacting with him. At meals he's gotten especially loud; when wanting something or to get done he'll do a "quiet" squeal. Even nursing, everyone can hear him gulping (no secret nursing sessions in public for us!!).
He's starting to "nip"! I guess it's the whole "got teeth, will use them" scenario. He mostly does it when he's sleepy or hungry... so I've been trying to get him full and in bed before he gets too cranky and starts using the teeth;)
He seems to wake really fast after too short of naps and in the middle of the night. He'll wake but not open his eyes, but sit up and fuss. He reminds me of a little mole with all the movement and sitting up and then crying for us, all with his eyes closed!!
I LOVE this stage of babies;) They are just soo cute when they are newborns, but when they get to 6months and on and they can start to explore... it's just soo much fun to be a part of.
Nate loves watching and exploring... and chasing after Zhu-zhu pets!! He's very inquisitive and not very intimidated.
Nate is also very expressive...
if he likes something, he smiles big and plays with it... he splashes in the tub and giggles when something is funny!! When the kids move him or mess with him, he lets them (and us) know!! When he's sleepy, he rubs his little eyes with the back of his chubby hands:) And if he sees someone watching him, he acts bashful!! Just precious!
Our biggest challenge this month with Nate is for us to complete our schoolwork while he's sleeping or busy playing. Nate loves the kids workbooks and worksheets, so it's a challenge to spread out on the living room floor to do history when Nate is awake and busy;)
Another challenge is discipline/correction (one of the most challenging aspects of parenting in my opinion)! Since Nate is crawling and getting about there are obvious things that we attempt to keep him away from (unguarded stairs, garbage cans, bathroom, etc) and things that he can't do (bite, scratch faces with nails, etc) so we are entering into that parenting stage that lasts a LONG time :)
Even with the challenges and messes, I realize just how blessed we are to have this healthy little tike terrorizing the house! He has brought us soo many more smiles and giggles and continues to teach us all about serving and helping one another.
Anna, Chris and Lydia have been such great big siblings to their little brother that finds himself in many "sticky" situations throughout the day!