Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hearing Their Heart Through Questioning


We are enjoyed used Our 24 Family Ways from Clay Clarkson. They use an A.R.T.S. system with Bible study the "A" standing for "ask" a question.

Last week we had the question "Is it easier to love your parents or obey them? Why?"

Questions like these are great! It gets my kids thinking and hopefully teaches them that they can share stuff about our relationship openly... we can talk about us.
IMG_0751
Chris' response touched my heart though. I have to share it. He said, "It's easier to love because love never goes away. It's still there even when you don't think about it."

Coming from the child that challenges me the most... it was the sweetest words. Especially linked to him telling me the day before that he loved me because "I was the best Mommy"!

The second question was if there was "One message  you heard your parents say every 30 minutes, what would you want them to say?"

Anna said, "Good Job!"
Chris said, "We are going to Grandma's"
Lydia said,"You can get whatever treat you want!"

WOW!!! What insight this brought to me about my children! I can see their personalities shine through these thought-provoking questions. And I'm sure their responses might change after a while...

but right now I'm excited to be seeing/hearing their little hearts.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love Chris' quote! So sweet and so true!

Grandma said...

My heart rejoices and I am amazed at the insight of Chris' statement.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, Chris' response about love was so perfect!

I will have to look into getting this book, I would love to have these conversations with Abby!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL! I didn't see a TTT for today, so I linked up here :)

Hope you are having a good one!